The team behind yusō
Every yusō is made with love in Amesbury, Massachusetts. Our team is passionate about providing products that are good for you and good for the planet.
locally made of sustainably-grown ingredients
women-owned and managed
supporting our local community
- Scandinavian Rock Stars: Cold-Smoked Salmon and Cold-Smoked Steelhead are sustainably-grown in Norway, for example:
- Fish-vaccinations? Yes! Antibiotics? No! (and our farmers haven't been used antibiotics in their fjord-raised fish in the past 7 years)
- Undersea cameras keep a keen eye on fish health
- Our smoked Salmon/Steelhead are 40% more efficient at converting non-GMO feed than Chicken
- Rotating fjords, regular vacuum-cleaning of nets, growing larger smolts before transferring to the fjord, and growing native feeder-fish with the Salmon/Steelhead keep the fish and the fjords healthy
- Very deep, clean, cold water - with hundreds of feet of water below the nets - create nature's nursery
- All natural, Japanese, super-premium Nori
- Super premium, partially-milled (i.e. less processed), non-GMO, California-grown sushi rice
- Wild caught and locally-smoked Atlantic Mackerel
- Organic chickpeas; USA sesame seeds
- Reusable cotton bags for delivery (instead of cardboard) whenever possible
Supporting our local community
- We support "Our Neighbors Table" through contributions of ingredients for their weekly-meal program, yusō for the food pantry, time and money.
Our Team - woman owned/managed and supporting veterans
Founded in 2014, we are an FDA-inspected food company, located on the North Shore of Boston with distribution throughout New England.
Founder + CEO
Sarah has more than 30 years of business experience, including 14 years of tracking consumer trends in the United States. Sarah first experienced onigiri during a business trip to Japan, and was hooked at first bite. Sarah founded the company in 2014.
CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER
Debra brings a wealth of expertise in microbiology and hard sciences, including more than a decade of experience in biotech.
CHIEF Operating OFFICER
As a Navy nuclear submarine veteran, and more recently as a customer service rep for a regional snack food distributor, Steve brings process, client service, and human resource experience to yusō.
SaCaR Enterprises llc
12 Oakland Street, #2220
Amesbury, MA 01913